Klaine Fanfic Recs
For various reasons, I’ve fallen in love with all of the stories listed below. I don’t get the chance to read much fic these days, and the majority of what’s listed comes from whatever I had saved in my bookmarks. I had saved on my old laptop, but I just haven’t taken the time to transfer them. Hopefully I’ll be able to add to this list, so if you’re interested in stuff I’ve read and liked (for whatever reason) here’s where you’ll find some of my favorites!
Stripped Bare - by missbeizy
- Blaine is a married, twenty-seven year old businessman. Kurt (aka “Porcelain”) is a performing arts student who works as an erotic dancer to put himself through college. The last thing they expect to find in life is each other.
I basically adore anything written by Of A Crescendo on livejournal. Here’s a link to the fic masterpost, but I’ll list a couple of my absolute favorites.
But With a Whimper
- Everyone is born with the name of their soulmate on their hand. The only problem?
Kurt and Blaine don’t have each other’s names on their hands.
“If the name here, if it said Blaine Anderson, what would you say to me?”
My Beautiful Hallucination
- Kurt is Blaine’s drug-induced beautiful reality. Can you love someone who somehow isn’t really there?
Amare and Gerundives
- Kurt is a little bitter, a little jaded by life but mainly he doesn’t care - not about love, or anything, just his work and how much coffee he can mainline. When he returns to Lima for a short break, he doesn’t expect to strike up a friendship with Rachel again, and most of all - doesn’t expect Blaine Anderson to come back into his life and teach him how to live.
Of denials and loneliness and learning how to live again.
Kurt doesn’t quite fit into his old room as he had.
It’s a bit too bright, too cluttered, and if he’s truly being honest to himself – too much sixteen-year-old-bright-and-snarky-Kurt.
How We Fade
- Think Just Like Heaven with angst, and most of all, lots of Kurt and Blaine. Where do we go when we die? Or even worse, when we’re in that passing stage between life and death? Why can only Blaine see Kurt? Stubborn denials, final realizations, remorse and most of all - utter regret - wanting to live, but having made the choice to die.
“I forgot what rain feels like. I can’t feel anything really,” Kurt says, heartbreakingly vulnerable, “What is it like?”
To Fly, To Dream
- When Kurt goes missing suddenly, no one guesses that he’s caught into the body of a bird under Blaine’s care. Kurt doesn’t expect what comes next: the forming of a surprisingly intimate relationship between boy and bird. Of quiet secrets and confessions told in dark nights, broken wings, trying to fly, yearning to speak and breaking free from what imprisons you.
“I wish I could be like you,” he confesses, and Kurt wishes he could block his ears, so raw and exposed Blaine is now, “I wonder what it’s like flying. Is it scary, a little bit?”
- Sequel, To Fly, To Dream - The Beginning of the End
Honestly, just everything under the masterpost list. Just read it all, you wont regret it.
Looking for a Happy Ending series (masterpost) - at firefly_ca’s lj
- AU. Blaine Anderson hasn’t been Blaine Anderson for 8 years. He doesn’t remember much about his old family and his life before he moved in with the man he calls his father. Together they move from town to town, always drifting before Blaine can get too familiar with his surroundings. Then one day they end up in Lima, Ohio, and Blaine finds himself questioning everything he thought he knew.
- READ THE WARNINGS FIRST
Sequel, Waiting for a Happy Ending (masterpost)
- AU. Blaine Anderson lived under another name for almost nine years with an abusive man he was forced to pretend was his father. He always thought his own family had given up on him, but now that he’s found out the majority of his life was spent believing a lie, he has to try to reconcile the life he had with the life that was taken away from him. Sequel to Looking for a Happy Ending
Professor!Blaine fic - by Aubreyli
- In which Professor Anderson is sexy.
Go and Ride the Sun Away - by Aubreyli
- If there’s one thing Blaine is good at, it’s piecing himself back together.
All the Love in the World - by Aubreyli
- Kurt watches Blaine sleep.
Together, We Are Oceans - on Aelora’s lj
- The Warblers get the opportunity to spend the holidays in the Caribbean.
Prostitute!Kurt - Tell Me series - by admiller
Who Taught You To Use Your Hands - MonochromaticSongbird
- Teacher!Klaine. Blaine Anderson is a professional. Which means he does not have inappropriate thoughts about his students, and he most certainly does not act on them. Smutty & angsty.
(Def)inition - Hedgerose
- Blaine is fifteen years old and he hasn’t seen anyone in three days except for Thomas, his mother’s Def.
- Fantastic, unique plot
Go Your Own Way - by Zavocado
- Kurt Hummel just wants to get through his Junior Year at McKinley in one piece. But when the new guy from Dalton Academy Reform School for Boys takes an alarming interest in him, he’s certain he’s going to be in for a wild ride. Badboy!Blaine, Klaine, AU
There’s a whole slew of badboy!blaine fics that I love, I just can’t find them. Once I do, they will definitely make this list.
Also, the majority of fics I reblog that I really find awesome are tagged with ‘fic rec’.